I currently have 3(!!!) rooms that have my sewing stuff in it. Wait, four if you count that my serger is in the laundry room. Don’t ask why, I don’t know why it’s there.
We have a HUGE basement. Seriously ginormous. One part of it is our family room/tv room. The other is another huge bedroom/throw-all-the-crap-in-that-we-don’t-use-room, which will be my sewing room.
The problem is, it’s a mess. A ginormous freakin’ mess.
1. The first thing you see when you walk into the room is, doors and drawers.
2. Drawers, mirrors, baby stuff.
3. This room is HUGE; it use to be two rooms, but it only had one window, which is no bueno. Which is why it is now one room.
4. Seriously, we have everything in this room. And ugly curtains.
5. Desks, drawers. Junk. Seriously, we are drawer hoarders.
6. Seriously, so much stuff.
What I want to do.
- Paint everything white. There are built in bookshelves (you can kind of see them in photos #3 and #5) that I would love to sand down and paint white.
- New curtains. With colour.
- Desks and tables that match. I think I have 10 tables/desks and none of them are the same height.
- Better storage. I plan on having all of my fabric wrapped on cardboard, and and stored on the built in bookshelves.
What I’m drawn to.
7. Avignon Sofa
What I love about the tables, is I can connect them all together!
I feel that my sewing room needs is seating. I love having people visit with me while I create, a comfy couch and chair would definitely help that.
I need way more lighting. I like lights.
STORAGE. Isn’t that dresser amazing? I would store all of my sewing stuff in there. Or just stare at its prettiness.
What do you think of what I have picked for my sewing room?